Website Design Guide for Wedding Singers, Bands, and DJs
No matter if you are a wedding singer, a band or a DJ, music is the perfect way to make the special day for the happy couple even more memorable. There are many lists of wedding singers and musicians on different platforms. However, these are lucking personal touch. To stand out from the competition, many wedding singers contract website designers to develop an effective website that showcases their talents and services and also adds a personal touch. A well-designed website will help you show off your voice and tell your personal story. It can help you to reach a wider audience, find new clients and stand out from your competition. We have created this guide to help you with the structure and content of your website as a musician performing at weddings.
Basic Website Structure for Wedding Singers and Musicians
A great website design should be user-friendly and visually appealing, while providing all the necessary information about you and your services. Consider including the following elements for a basic business card website:
- A portfolio showcasing your work
- An easy-to-use contact form
- Consistent branding and design throughout the website
With the right website design, you can create an online presence that will help you reach more clients and build a successful business.
Ideas for Website Pages for Musicians
As a musician, you have likely developed your own style. If you cover timeless jazz tunes, or write your own folk songs, a good website design should reflect that. An image is a great way to set the tone for your overall website. Also, choosing the right colours can enhance the first impression. Ideally, we advise working with 2 or 3 colours from that image to feature in your background, sections, and fonts. Your website is your own place on the web where you can fully control the content, unlike generic search platforms.
To create a memorable first impression with your Homepage, make sure to add an image of yourself. A photo of you singing is a good way to begin, but if you’ve got a high-quality image that features you and shows your style, that will work nicely as well.
A contact button directly on the main image is the easiest way to create a call-to-action button. Your Homepage content should reflect your music and offer a look into who you are, and what the rest of your website contains. Sample of your music can give your visitors an idea of how you sound like. Also adding links to pages such as about you, contact and events can be helpful for potential clients.
The About page is your chance to delve into your background a bit further, tell your story and create a connection with your visitors. The text on this page should be clear. Information about your background, education, and performing experience is welcome here. You could even work with quotes and name musicians that inspire you.
Whether you’re making a website as a wedding singer, a DJ, a band or a gospel artist, a music page is a great way to show your performance. Add a music player with songs, and some text describing your sound. You can link your favourite playlists on platforms such as Spotify. If you showcase your work on YouTube, Instagram or TikTok, you can link those pages as well.
Photos and Videos Page
The best singer websites will give visitors a look into what they’d get by working with you. Think of a photos page as a way to visually introduce yourself to potential clients. Photos at work, performance images and also shots showcasing the preparation that goes behind the scenes are great ideas for the design of this page. The same goes for the videos of your performance or behind the scenes at a wedding.
Events and Availability Page
You can communicate your availability to your potential clients by a simple events and calendar page. There is no need for a complicated booking system. A clean design showing your free slots can be enough. Alternatively, you can summarise your previous work, e.g. presenting the number of weddings and events you had in the previous year.
Adding a dedicated contact page makes it easy for visitors to reach you directly. A simple design with a place to leave the client’s name, email, and message is typically enough. Some wedding musicians prefer including additional fields for details such as the wedding date, the wedding theme song or a link to a Spotify wedding playlist. If you have social media accounts associated with your business, the Contact page is a great place for linking them. Additionally, you might considering adding your business to Google Maps or similar services.
Press kit and flyers for wedding singers
In addition to your website, consider creating a press kit, flyers, and business cards to further promote your services and create opportunities for networking. A professionally designed press kit should contain all of the information a marrying couple or a potential client might need to quickly book you for their event. This is a great addition to add to your digital presence and can be equally used in industry expos and networking events.
A good business card design could be a valuable addition to your press kit for spontaneous networking and meetings with interested parties.
Should You Design Your Own Website or Find a Website Designer?
Investing in a professionally designed website tailored to your specific needs can help you reach potential clients and boost your business. You can try to buy ready-made templates for platforms such as WordPress, Wix or Webflow and invest your time to learn and design a website for yourself.
Alternatively, you can hire a website designer to help you develop an online presence. Once you have a professional website, you can reach out to potential clients which might not have found you otherwise.
Pros and Cons of Designing Your Own Website
- Cost savings: Building your own website can save you money, as you won’t need to hire a professional designer.
- Learning experience: Creating your own website can help you develop valuable skills in web design, programming, and digital marketing.
- Flexibility: You can make changes and updates to your website at any time without waiting for a designer’s availability.
- Time-consuming: Building a website from scratch can be a lengthy process, especially if you are new to web design or have limited experience.
- Quality: The final product may not be as polished or professional-looking as a site created by an experienced designer.
- Limited features: Your website might lack advanced features and functionalities that a professional designer could easily implement.
- SEO and performance: You may not be well-versed in best practices for search engine optimization (SEO) and website performance optimisation, which could impact your site’s visibility and user experience.
- Technical challenges: If you encounter issues with your website, you’ll need to troubleshoot and resolve them yourself or seek external help. Implementing Cookie notice and disclaimers, GDPR-compliant data collection contact forms and similar features might become a bigger challenge than initially anticipated.
Pros and Cons of Hiring a Web Designer
- Professional quality: A skilled designer can create a high-quality, visually appealing, and functional website that reflects your brand and style.
- Time savings: Hiring a professional allows you to focus on other aspects of your business while the designer handles the website creation.
- Expertise: Designers have experience in web design best practices, including SEO, user experience, and website performance.
- Custom features: A professional designer can implement advanced features and functionalities tailored to your specific needs.
- Ongoing support: Many designers offer ongoing maintenance and support to help keep your website up-to-date and running smoothly.
- Cost: Hiring a professional designer can be expensive, especially if you require a custom design or ongoing maintenance.
- Potential communication issues: Miscommunications can occur, resulting in a website that doesn’t fully meet your expectations.
- Dependence: You may become reliant on the designer for updates and changes, which could be inconvenient if they are unavailable or if you wish to make immediate modifications.
If you’re a musician, singer or a DJ looking for a designer for your individual website, we’ve got you covered. You can book one of our pre-made packages with special pricing or request an individual project. Just gather your content and contact us. We will help you design the optimal website to reach wider audience and attract offers directly from new clients.